Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Story 16: Michoacan

Just because I’m hispanic people think I do drugs and go to parties 24/7... WRONG! Not all of us go to parties that often and some of us have never even touched drugs ,LIKE ME! By the way,my name is Emma,and  I am from Maravatio Michoacan. A lot of you don’t know where that is or have never heard of it before, it is in Mexico.  I was born there I don’t really remember how is was I moved down here when I was 4 ½ , so I was really little, but I have heard so many great stories about back home.


My mom has told me that coming here was one of the hardest things because she had to live behind her mom and her sister  and her cousins and her friends, but she said that she made the right choice. How we go here was the hardest way we had to go throw big hills and we had to cross a big gate, my real dad put me in his sweat shirt so they could walk for days and days. My mom said I didn’t make a noise they had to ask me “ estas bien”, every once in a while. My mom say that even the guy that was guiding us carried me so my parents could walk faster and so they wouldn’t get caught, when we got here my mom said that she took me a shower like she had not seen water in years.
I like living here but I feel like my life would off been better in Mexico, because there my whole family is there in my language is spanish and it would off been easier to learn.  My hair was down to where it almost touched my butt, but she had to cut my hair really short because the teachers said that it was taking too much energy away from me, I remember seeing my mom crying when they were cutting. When I started school it was really hard for me, because I didn’t understand anything. People said that I didn’t even talk, I started school in  Wright Elementary and there was this one teacher that tried to help me she said that she could never get me to say one word. My mom moved me to Riverside Elementary and they put me back in kindergarten because I didn’t speak an english, it to me along time to learn it and write, it but look at me now I can speak it and read it and write it. People now see me and say WOW your english is really good or some people can’t get me to be quiet . I am kinda glad my mom decided to move down here so I can learn something new and see how different life is here in Ohio.  Oh did I mention I had never seen snow in my whole life  because where I’m from it never snows at least not where I’m at, when I saw snow I was like “qué es esto” my mom and dad where like “no lo sé” and then my uncle came outside and said “se llama nieve” I was like “really surprised”, but now I see the snow and  I’m like when will it go away or I’ll be like I wonder if we will have school today or tomorrow. I have almost 12 years here and I’m still not use to the cold weather or should I say the wired weather of Ohio.  
 
My mom say that in mexico there are people that sell food outside schools like chips,soda, sometimes even.. YOUR LUNCH! My mom says that the food in mexico is so good that the smell of it is like you are living in a dream because it smells so good.  My mom says that she used to walk home from school, she says that there is this park near where she lives that she use to go with her friends or even with her boyfriend, she says that you could hear people laughing and talking and even people ice cream they use to sell it there.  I would love to live in Mexico life would be much easier. I love living here to but I have family down there and I wish I could go visit them but I can’t. :( I love all my friends here but I wish I had more hispanic friends or a least hung out with more, that way I can speak my own language. I have some but I usually talk to them in english because it easier and faster. But sometimes when I’m talking to my friends some words come out in spanish and they’re  like “what did you say” and I have to try to explain what I said in spanish to them. It would be easier if they understood what I said but I guess I have to get use to explain my sentence to them again.

I miss my family back home a lot and I’m hoping that I will get to go visit them one day in the future,  and I will take my mom with me so she can see her mom and her whole family that misses her a lot. I have already made my mom that promise and I hope I can take her one day. I hope my life keeps changing and I get to see more new things and discover more things and make new friends like I have until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment