Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Story 21: An Incredible Journey

Everything here is so different! I just arrived a couple of months ago, and I’m staying in my cousins’ house. I came because my family and I got the residence about 6 months ago. By the time I’ve been staying here, I’ve been able to see that USA is an incredible country, and Columbus, Ohio a really cool city. However, I really miss my country.

I miss my country not because of the way it is or the things it has, because if it would be because of that, USA has much better things than Perú; I miss it because of the places... like Machu Picchu, that is one of the 7 wonders of the world (sadly, I’ve never visited it) or the incredible, incredible beaches of Piura, the city of the eternal heat; I miss it because of my school, that although it wasn’t the best one, it gave me a good education; I miss it because of the food; but more than everything... I miss it because of my friends, those friends who I’ll never forget because they are part of my life.

In Perú I used to wake up, and as soon as I went out of my house for going to my school, I smelt the delicious smell of the bread taken out from the oven some minutes before (I could smell it because there was a bakery right next to my house), after  school I used to go to sing with a lot of students from different schools, because all of us were in the Peruvian National Choir. And then, I used to finish my day going to my home to do my homework. But not everything was studies; on Saturdays, some friends and I usually went to play soccer to the park where all the little children were also playing other games, and where birds whistle as trying to sing a song no matter what. I can remember those moments as if I was still living them, as if those activities had never stopped.

Perú is an incredible place where a person could go to spend their vacations, it has the best food of the world (it had been already proved), so a person could enjoy the delicious taste of the “CEBICHE”, that for most of the peruvians is their favourite food, and that includes me. But is not the only meal you could enjoy, there are plenty of them. However, food is not the only thing you could delight with, there are also lots of places where you can go, as the one I’ve already mention it, Machu Picchu, or even Piura, where you can enjoy the delicious "chifles"; Ica, where you can see the Nazca lines; Lima (the capital), where you can find the government palace; Ayacucho, where you can go to visit the 33 incredible churches (each one represent each year of Jesus' life) built by ancestors etc. All of those have a lot of our culture and you could learn many new things from them, as is the fact that my country is a really religious one.

My family and I were informed on December of 2013 that the government process were close to end, they gave us a date on July of 2014 for an interview, which will determine if the US Embassy will give us the residence, that had been transacting since I born (practically). Happily, we got the residence, and on November, 27 we were already taking 3 planes to came to the US, we found it hard to communicate with north americans in the airports; but it wasn't the first time I had spoken to a native american, because I have a lot of family who is from here, so... it turns a little easier. When I went down from the last plane, my face changed totally, my first impression was the fact that everything here was bigger and more modern, I felt as if I had taken a rocket and arrived in another world. Just by looking around the airport I could see the new amazing experience that I was passing by. Then my cousins' cars and house. I felt as if I were going to live in a mansion.

A week after that I found myself studying at Dublin Scioto High School. I'm so glad because I don't have much time here and I already have a job, a debit card from "Chase", my cousin is starting to taking me to the gym with him, and I'm so excited also that just in 2 more months I could be driving with a license. Now, my parents and my siblings are searching for a new house where all of us could live, I don't know if I'm going to keep studying where I am right now, but wherever I'll go I know it will be helpful for me anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment